You aren’t what you eat, you are what you absorb. Our digestion is foundational to our overall health, as it is the gateway for all nutrition to enter (and exit!) our body. If we cannot break foods down properly, we risk not absorbing key nutrients that are essential for cellular function. This formula tastes bitter for a reason- bitters are traditionally associated with “stoking the fire” of our digestion, encouraging enzymatic processes, increasing helpful digestive juices such as bile, and supporting a reduction in uncomfortable symptoms of indigestion such as bloating and gas.
For our digestion blend, it is recommended you use 30 minutes before you go to eat. When your digestive juices are flowing properly, it’s actually more about what you don’t feel that’s important- bloating, gassy, indigestion, or nausea due to a meal. If you forget to take it beforehand, take it immediately afterwards and you should still see this effect.
Here is a breakdown of the ingredients:
- Turkey Tail has been used by doctors in China and Japan for digestive discomfort and is also a prebiotic, meaning it feeds the beneficial bacteria in your microbiome. Turkey Tail also has strong immunomodulating properties-- seeing as the gut and immune system are fundamentally linked, it makes sense that it would benefit both simultaneously.
- Dandelion Root is a potent herb with a strong affinity for the liver. Considering your liver’s central role in digestion, hormone regulation, and immunity, supporting its function equates to supporting all of your body’s metabolic processes.
- Like Dandelion root, Motherwort is considered a “bitter” herb that helps to stimulate digestive secretions, which in turn benefit our ability to break down nutrients.
- Oregon Grape Root gently stimulates the functions of the liver and gallbladder to assist in detoxification and assimilating nutrients in the digestive process.
- Gentian Root increases the production of saliva and other digestive juices, which helps jumpstart the digestive process.
- Yarrow is an anti-inflammatory herb that possesses gentle bitter and antispasmodic properties- these encourage enzyme secretions and reduce cramping to benefit digestion.
- Burdock Root is a nutritive herb that supports liver function and bile secretion, which optimizes the digestion of fats. Burdock can help with hormonal balance through this mechanism, while also relieving liver congestion and neutralizing metabolic waste products from the blood.
As with any product, it’s important to always consult your medical practitioner to ensure that it is right for you based on your personal health history, medication use, and current health status. While herbs and mushrooms can be helpful to many, anticoagulant and antidepressant/antianxiety medications are strong classes of medication that interact with many natural health products, and as such would need to be used under both the allowance and supervision of your doctor. The information provided on our website, packaging, and bottles is informational in nature and is in no way meant to be construed or used as personal medical advice. We are not doctors and as such we and our products cannot treat, diagnose, cure or prevent diseases.
Disclaimer: These statements listed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Ceremony Mushrooms products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Ceremony Mushrooms, 2021.