Did you know your body’s metabolic processes are impaired after just one night of poor sleep? It goes without saying that sleep disturbances can make us feel horrible and impact our ability to function. We created this blend to help with our own sleep troubles and address the mental and physical stressors undermining our ability to fall asleep.
Our Sleep formula helps with deep physical and mental relaxation before bed, but also includes ingredients that are “nervine tonics” that nourish and strengthen the nervous system with consistent use. It is non-habit forming unlike some traditional sleep aids, making it appropriate for daily consumption. Most people feel a calming sensation within 30-45 minutes of taking it.
Reishi is calming, but rarely would someone take reishi during the day and say it knocked them out or made them genuinely drowsy (that’s why we include other stronger herbs in our Sleep blend alongside Reishi, to have a more powerful effect when drowsiness is actually desired). Most people find that it’s relaxing effect is enough for them to feel focused, taking the edge off without diminishing their cognitive abilities. Lion’s mane, included in this blend, enhances brain function, and so would offset any overly calming effect of the other mushrooms.
We recommend taking it 1 hour before bed.
Here is a breakdown of the ingredients:
- Reishi is called the “queen of mushrooms” and “the mushroom of immortality”, and she earns her titles. It’s hard to pick just one function to highlight, but for the purposes of our Sleep blend, Reishi is a powerful adaptogen that induces subtle relaxation and helps to unwind before bed.
- Lemon Balm is a nervine relaxant, dispelling nervous tension and encouraging relaxation- perfect for use before bedtime.
- Chamomile is a soothing herb that calms both the nervous and digestive systems. It has antispasmodic properties that eases muscle spasms, and encourages your body to go into rest & digest mode so it can focus on conserving energy for repair.
- Skullcap is a mild sedative that both calms and strengthens the nervous system, while relaxing the body.
- Wood Betony has been revered by cultures across time and physical space- ancient Egyptian and Romans, the Cherokee peoples, and was considered a sacred plant of the Druids. Its primary action is in “grounding”- the sensation of being brought back into your body when anxiety has us spiralling in our thoughts.
- Passion flower is classified as a hypnotic, meaning it has a strong sedative action to induce sleep. It is great for slowing down a racing mind before bed.
As with any product, it’s important to always consult your medical practitioner to ensure that it is right for you based on your personal health history, medication use, and current health status. While herbs and mushrooms can be helpful to many, anticoagulant and antidepressant/antianxiety medications are strong classes of medication that interact with many natural health products, and as such would need to be used under both the allowance and supervision of your doctor. The information provided on our website, packaging, and bottles is informational in nature and is in no way meant to be construed or used as personal medical advice. We are not doctors and as such we and our products cannot treat, diagnose, cure or prevent diseases.
Disclaimer: These statements listed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Ceremony Mushrooms products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Ceremony Mushrooms, 2021.