Stress Relief Blend
Stress is unavoidable (and part of normal functioning), but excess amounts can have a cascading effect that negatively impacts us on both a hormonal and emotional level, impeding our digestion, sleep, mood, energy, and overall quality of life. “Adaptogen” is a term used to describe plants with innate “balancing” qualities- meaning, they don’t just do one thing or have a particular action, but rather modulate your body’s systems to bring them back into equilibrium. We chose adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms in this blend to not only support us in acute moments of overwhelm, but also to be used daily as a way to balance our system when stressors have us feeling constantly in overdrive.
Our Stress Relief blend is conducive for taking during the daytime, so you can get the most benefit out of it while you’re awake and trying to get things done.
Here is a breakdown of the ingredients:
- Reishi is called the “queen of mushrooms”, and for good reason. She is a powerful adaptogen that induces relaxation without sedation, perfect for calming you down in situations where you still need to remain alert. Reishi also supports immune function through its immunomodulating properties.
- Ashwagandha is an adaptogenic herb that has been shown in studies to reduce cortisol, and lower people’s perceived experience of anxiety ie., it mediates both the physiological and psychological strains of excess stress.
- Schisandra is a tonic herb that is revered for its longevity properties that exert an antiaging effect on various systems, including the skin. Besides it’s superficial benefits, we love it for its neuroprotective qualities that improve cognition and memory, and it’s ability to increase endurance during times of stress.
- Eleuthero is a deeply restorative adaptogen that increases oxygen intake and stamina, bolsters our response to stress, while lessening feelings of fatigue. It has also been shown to have a positive impact on cognition.
- Holy Basil is known for its tonic and restorative effects on multiple parts of the body. It has a calming effect on the nerves, and rodent studies have shown that it can actually increase neuronal density in the hippocampus, making it an optimal choice for stress reduction while optimizing cognition.
- Cordyceps is an adaptogenic mushroom that is known for its ability to help your body produce energy. It enhances your cells functioning through increasing oxygenation and ATP production, thereby helping to alleviate fatigue without the jitters or other deleterious side effects associated with caffeine and other stimulants.
As with any product, it’s important to always consult your medical practitioner to ensure that it is right for you based on your personal health history, medication use, and current health status. While herbs and mushrooms can be helpful to many, anticoagulant and antidepressant/antianxiety medications are strong classes of medication that interact with many natural health products, and as such would need to be used under both the allowance and supervision of your doctor. The information provided on our website, packaging, and bottles is informational in nature and is in no way meant to be construed or used as personal medical advice. We are not doctors and as such we and our products cannot treat, diagnose, cure or prevent diseases.
Disclaimer: These statements listed have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Ceremony Mushrooms products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease. Ceremony Mushrooms, 2021.